It’s BACK!!! The Open is finally here and we are READY! For those of you who aren’t familiar with the open, or are brand new to CrossFit, “The 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games season kicks off with the CrossFit Open, a three-week international competition where anyone — regardless of fitness level or ability — can compete in the biggest fitness competition in history.
Join hundreds of thousands of participants for the Open which begins on February 24.” Read this article for more info and why the open is for YOU. The beauty of the Open is that independent of fitness level, it brings us together to pursue something that would not hold the same meaning or possibilities if we were just working out on our own. Whether you came to CrossFit to improve your health or pursue competitive aspirations, we all ended up getting a second family — our CrossFit family. The camaraderie and support in this sport is unparalleled.
You can sign up HERE! Don’t forget to select CrossFit Bethesda as your CrossFit Affiliate!
It gets even better. We are bringing back Friday Night Lights! YAY!!! I hope y’all are as excited as I am!
Get ready for the CFB Open Team Series! The CrossFit Open is meant for you to challenge yourself while having a blast with your buddies at the gym. We encourage you to sign up for the Open with CrossFit.com, AND we will be having our own CrossFit Open Party at the gym. We are hoping to have every one of you sign up for the CrossFit Bethesda Open and we look forward to you being at our three Friday Night Lights events – every Friday from 2/24 through 3/10!
What to Expect:
You will be randomly drafted to a team.
Each Team will have an assigned coach and an assigned team color.
Each Friday night lights your team will have to earn points.
Weekly prizes will be determined after Monday deadline.
Points will be given out for:
– Swag or Spirit. (For EVERY article of clothing that fits the theme you will get one point. i.e. if you wore a bandana, hat, sweat bands, shorts, shirts, socks, and cape that all fit the theme your team will earn 7pts.
– 1pt for completing the workout
– Showing up during the 4pm-8:30pm window will earn you 1pt.
– 5 points is awarded to the top M/F athlete in every division.
– If you cant make the Friday Night Lights you can still do the workout by the Monday deadline for 1pt – talk with your Coach to set up a time!
The weeks leading up will keep getting you ready for the Open, so work hard and rest hard!!
Check out this YouTube video explaining the 2022 CrossFit Open!