We wanted to announce that we have a new website and phone number! We have also changed our onboarding process a bit. Keep reading!
Our new site is optimized to be more user friendly and it’s worked so far. Thank you for those who let me know our blog was not working, it is fully functional now. The old months of programming are not attached as they were not pulled from our previous site when it was exported. You can view all previous WODs in Wodify, however! Our new number is 301-381-5855.
Our onboarding process has changed a bit! If you know someone who is thinking about doing CrossFit, we no longer have a foundations class to onboard them. Here is our process for someone who is new and not currently doing CrossFit at another box:
- Intro Evaluation – meet with one of our coaches for a free movement assessment and workout. (Diana, Ray, Luke, Chris).
- Onboarding Sessions – meet at the convenience of the member to review the olympic lifts and all new and unknown movements in crossfit. The number of sessions here is determined during our intro evaluation. This allows for undivided attention from the coach to teach the new member the necessary skills to transition into classes safely. This is a one-on-one session.
- Join Classes – once the new member has completed the onboarding process, the new member will hop in to classes!
If you know someone who is interested in joining our gym, have them email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important things to note when referring new members:
Question: Who can do CrossFit?
Answer: Anyone! Anyone can be taught CrossFit and can join our gym with the appropriate coaching and knowledge of the movements we perform.
Question: Can I try out a class?
Answer: If you have no previous CrossFit experience (see next question), the first step is to schedule a free intro evaluation. If you are currently a member of another box, you’ll need to schedule a test-in prior to hopping in to a class.
Question: I workout with this personal all the time. This person is fit, they can bypass the above process. Right?
Answer: This is our process and no one can bypass our process unless we make this decision after chatting with the prospective member. A person does not know CrossFit or the olympic lifts unless they have been formally taught by a CrossFit certified trainer, or have been trained by a USAW certified olympic weightlifting coach. This must be a specific foundational or onboarding program that included the olympic lifts.
The following are examples of those who can NOT bypass our process:
- A D1 athlete
- A regular weightlifter for years, or a regular gym goer
- A person who has dropped in to a CrossFit box once or twice
- A person who has done CrossFit for a month
- A powerlifter
- A very athletic individual
- A person who learned how to snatch and clean & jerk from youtube
- A person who learned from their friend (who does CrossFit) how to do CrossFit and lift
Yes, we have heard it all. We want everyone to try CrossFit, and we value members safety first and foremost. This is our way of ensuring everyone’s safety and not taking away from you, as a current member, during your class. On occasion we have a free for all workout like we do on holidays.